NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Police confirmed Wednesday that ex-NFL star Steve McNair’s 20-year-old girlfriend killed him before turning the gun on herself.
Police earlier had labeled McNair’s death a homicide, but awaited further tests and investigation before saying for sure what happened. The conclusion was based on evidence at the crime scene and forensic tests that showed all five bullets came from Kazemi’s gun and showed gunpowder residue on her hands.
So What Led Up To All Of This Going Down?
Here Are The Sequence Of Events:
1. Sahel Kazemi,a 20-year-old Iranian immigrant, began dating McNair about six months ago after they met at the restaurant where she works.They spent time and vacationed together.
2. On Thursday, McNair was in the escalade he had bought for Kazemi when she was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
3. McNair posted her bail.
4. After bonding out, Sahel Kazemi bought a handgun from an acquaintance.
5. Associates of Kazemi’s told investigators she was distraught in the days before her death. “There is evidence she was spinning out of control.”“She believed her relationship with Steve was unraveling reports said. Kazemi apparently believed McNair was having a relationship with another woman and told a co-worker at Dave & Buster’s restaurant Friday night that she was considering suicide. “She told friends her life was so messed up that she was going to end it all,”
6. Kazemi’s friends said she had apparently seen another woman recently leaving the condo McNair leased with a friend and followed her. She also had financial problems, including a roommate who was going to move out and leave her with a bigger rent payment.
7. McNair had returned to his condo early Saturday morning, where he was killed by Kazemi. Kazemi then turned the gun on herself.
8. His friend Wayne Neely discovered the bodies and called another friend, Robert Gaddy, who then called 911.
Investigators believed McNair was asleep because evidence showed he did not move or react before the first shot.