Kerry Washington, who you probably know from the ABC drama “Scandal” since 2012, rose to fame for her role and was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Television Series. Best known for her roles as Ray Charles’ wife in the film “Ray” (2004), and as Idi Amin’s wife Kay in “The Last King of Scotland (2006), Washington was included in Time’s annual “Most Influential People in the World” (2014).
Kerry Washington’s Weight and Height:
Kerry Washington’s height is 5 ft 4 in and she weighs approximately 117 lbs. (Source)
Kerry Washington’s Birthday/Age:
Kerry Washington was born on January 31st, 1977.
Kerry Washington’s Personal Life – 5 Things You May Not Know:
1. Washington was once engaged to actor David Moscow from 2004 to 2007. She is currently married to NFL player Nnamdi Asomugha. The couple has a daughter together named Isabelle Amarachi.
2. As a sort of souvenir or memento, Kerry Washington tries to keep something from every character she plays such as a piece of furniture from the house her character lived in or an item of wardrobe.
3. Washington was the commencement speaker for her alma mater, George Washington University, in May 2013. But before her commencement address, she was presented with an Honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts.
4. Washington’s costumes as Olivia Pope in the television series “Scandal” have attracted positive attention, prompting Vanity Fair to name the character one of “The Top Ten Best-Dressed TV Characters” in 2013.
5. Kerry Washington is a member of V-Day, a global movement that brings awareness to violence against women and girls.