Loretta is best known for her roles as Marla Hendricks in the Fox drama series Boston Public and as Gloria Matthews in Waiting to Exhale(1995). Devine also appeared in various films including This Christmas, Woman Thou Art Loosed, Crash, Urban Legend and I Am Sam. Devine played the role of Adele Webber on Shonda Rhimes’ Grey’s Anatomy, for which she won Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series in 2011.
Loretta Devine’s Weight and Height:
Loretta Devine’s height is 5 ft 6 in and she weighs approximately 187.5 lbs. (Source)
Loretta Devine’s Birthday/Age:
Loretta Devine was born on August 21st, 1949.
Is Loretta Devine Married or Dating? Loretta Devine’s Husband/Boyfriend?
In April 2001, Devine got engaged and eventaully married financial expert Glenn Marshall.
Prior to marrying Glen, Devine was married to her first husband Lamar Tyler from 1973. They had one son named James Lawrence Tyler. Devine and Tyler separated in 1980 and divorced on January 4, 2008 after 28 years of separation.
Loretta Devine’s Personal Life – 5 Things You May Not Know:
1. Loretta Devine was initiated into Alpha Kappa Alpha the Epsilon Lambda Chapter.
2. Devine taught on the high school and college level before taking the acting leap.
3. Loretta grew up in the Acres Homes area of Houston.
4. Back in high school, Loretta Devine was very active on the pep squad, and performed in talent shows.She went to the University of Houston where she obtained her degree in Speech and Drama and later on enrolled at Brandeis University with MFA in Theater.
5. Devine has two grandchildren: Gregary James Tyler born 2005 and Lorraine Faye Tyler born 2009.