As you probably already know….NBA superstar Kobe Bryant and his wife Vanessa have been together for quite a long time.
You’ve seen them together in the news, at parties, sporting events, and even Vanessa waiting to give Kobe a kiss in the locker room hallway during half time and at the end games.
However, there are still some things/facts you may not have known about the power couple.
Check out these five interesting facts below:
1. In November 1999, 21-year-old Kobe Bryant met 17-year-old Vanessa Laine while she was working as a background dancer on the Tha Eastsidaz music video “G’d Up”.
2. Kobe And Vanessa got engaged six months after first meeting in May 2000, while she was still a senior at Marina High School in Huntington Beach, California.
3. Neither Bryant’s parents, his two sisters, longtime advisor and agent Arn Tellem, nor his Los Angeles Lakers teammates attended their wedding
on April 18, 2001. Bryant’s parents were allegedely opposed to the marriage for a number of reasons. according to several reports, Bryant’s parents allegedly had problems with him marrying so young, especially to a woman who was not African-American. This disagreement resulted in an estrangement period of over two years, which ended when Bryant had his first daughter.
4. While trying to conceive their second child, Vanessa suffered a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy in the spring of 2005. After trying again, they were blessed with their second daughter, Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant, who was born on May 1, 2006.
5. In an early 2007 interview, it was revealed that Kobe still speaks Italian fluently.
Watch the video below of Kobe speaking fluent Italian:
Photo Credit: Vanessa Bryant