Raise on Long Island, New York, Mariah Carey’s celebrity fame began after she released her self-titled studio album Mariah Carey in 1990 at age 20.
Mariah Carey’s Weight and Height:
Mariah Carey’s height is 5 ft 9 in and she weighs approximately 145.5 lbs. (Source)
Mariah Carey’s Birthday/Age:
Mariah Carey was born on March 27, 1970.
Mariah Carey’s Personal Life – 6 Things You May Not Know:
1. Carey was married twice. Her first marriage was in 1993 to Tommy Mottola. The couple divorced in 1998.
Carey met actor and comedian Nick Cannon while they shot her music video for her song “Bye Bye” on an island off the coast of Antigua. On April 30th, 2008, Carey married Cannon in The Bahamas.
Carey gave birth to her twins at age 41, a son Morrocan Scott Cannon and a daughter Monroe Cannon on April 30, 2011. Her children’s father is her now estranged 2nd husband, Nick Cannon.
2. Throughout her entire career, Carey has sold more than 200 million records worldwide, making her one of the best one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
3. Mariah’s paternal grandfather was an Afro-Cuban immigrant and her paternal grandmother was African-American. Her mother, who is caucasian, is of Irish descent. Mariah’s mother, Patricia (Hickey), is a former mezzo-soprano New York City opera singer and a freelance vocal coach. Patricia was also Mariah’s vocal coach. Mariah’s father, Alfred Roy Carey, was an aeronautical engineer.
4. Apart from her commercial accomplishments, Careyas won five Grammy Awards, 19 World Music Awards, 11 American Music Awards, and 31 Billboard Music Awards.
5. Carey was referred as the “songbird supreme” by the Guinness World Records. She is famed for her five-octave vocal range, power, melismatic style and signature use of the whistle register.
6. She is the only female artist (and second artist or group ever) to have 18 #1 songs on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts.