An accomplished singer, songwriter, record producer and actress, Mary J. Blige started her career as a background singer for Uptown Records back in 1989. Apart from being a recipient of nine Grammy Awards, she has released 11 studio albums since 1992 and made over 150 guest appearances on other albums and soundtracks. Blige also earned high remarks for her work in film. In 2009, she made an appearance in Tyler Perry’s box-office hit “I Can Do Bad All By Myself” and played a role in the film “Rock of Ages,’ which was released to theaters in 2012.
Mary J. Blige’s Weight and Height:
Mary J. Blige’s height is 5 ft 9 in and she weighs approximately 125 lbs. (Source)
Mary J. Blige’s Birthday/Age:
Mary J. Blige was born on January 11th, 1971 in Yonkers, New York as Mary Jane Blige.
Is Mary J. Blige Married Or Dating? Mary J. Blige’s Husband/Boyfriend?
She has been married to Kendu Isaacs. Blige and Isaacs met in 2000 and tied the knot on December 7th, 2003 with a small ceremony in New Jersey. Mary credits her husband, Kendu, for helping her clean up her act and to overcome her drug and alcohol addiction.
Mary J. Blige’s Personal Life – 5 Things You May Not Know:
1. In 2004, Blige launched her own record label, Matriarch Records. She also launched her first perfume, My Life (through Carol’s Daughter), exclusively on HSN in 2010.
2. When she was five years old, Blige was molested by a family friend.
3. As of 2013, Blige has sold more than 50 million albums and 15 million singles worldwide.
4. In 2010, she was ranked 80th on VH1’s list of the 100 Greatest Artist of All Time
5. Blige never graduated from high school.Her job before she became a world renowned singer was as a Directory Assistance operator.