Ava DuVernay is a director, screenwriter, film marketer and film distributor who became the first African-American woman to win the Best Director Prize at the Sundance Film Festival.
How Old Is Ava DuVernay? Ava DuVernay’s Birthday/Age?
Ms. DuVernay was born on August 24th, 1972.
Is Ava DuVernay Married or Dating? Ava DuVernay’s Wife/Girlfriend?
At this time, we are not sure if Ava DuVernay is dating or in a relationship with someone.
Ava DuVernay’s Personal Life – 5 Things You May Not Know:
1. DuVernay graduated with a B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles, in 1995, where she double-majored in English and African American studies.
2. After graduating from college, Ava DuVernay worked for a small studio as a junior publicist. She also worked at FOX, Savoy Pictures and other public relations firms for four years before forming her own agency, The DuVernay Agency, later known as DVA Media + Marketing, in 1999.
3. With Selma, whom she directed and co-wrote, DuVernay is also the first black female director to have a film nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture.
4. Ava DuVernay is the first black female director to be nominated for a Golden Globe Award for her work in Selma.
5. DuVernay is an honorary member of the sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha.