Who is Jill Scott? Jill Scott’s Bio-Wiki:
Jill Scott is a singer/actress who rose to fame after her 2000 album “Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1,” went platinum, and the followups Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2 (2004) and The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3(2007) both achieved gold status.
She also made her own mark on the big screen with films Hounddog and Tyler Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married?” in 2007.
Jill Scott’s Weight and Height:
Jill Scott’s height is 5 ft 6 in and she weighs approximately 200 lbs. (Source)
Jill Scott’s Birthday/Age:
Jill Scott was born on April 4, 1972.
Jill Scott’s Personal Life – 8 Things You May Not Know:
1. Scott and longtime boyfriend Lyzel Williams, a graphic artist and DJ, married in 2001 in a private Hawaiian ceremony during a vacation. The couple dated for seven years before they wed. After six years of marriage, Scott and Williams divorced in 2007.
On June 20, 2008, at a concert in New York’s Carnegie Hall, Scott shared a long on-stage kiss with her drummer, Li’l John Roberts; the couple then told the audience that they were engaged. They expected their first child on April 25, 2009, but the baby boy, Jett Hamilton Roberts, arrived five days earlier. On June 23, 2009, Scott announced that she and Roberts had broken up.
2. Jill Scott established the Blues Babe Foundation, a program founded to help young minority students pay for university expenses.
3. Scott is a soprano, who infused jazz, R&B, spoken word, and hip hop among other genres to create a distinct style, that many refer to as neo soul.
4. Jill, an only child, originally attended Temple University to become a high school English teacher.
5. She quit teaching after other teachers complained about her method of singing to students to improve their memorization skills.
6. Scott slept in the same bed as her grandmother until the age of eighteen.
7. She invented a new brand of bras for full figured women called “Butterfly” in the spring of 2008.
8. Prior to her breakthrough in the music industry, Scott worked at a variety of jobs, including a number of retail positions and stints at a construction site and an ice cream parlor.